Friday, May 18, 2012

Self-publishing with Blurb.

First Edition at Blurb.com: The first version of my book was created at Blurb.com. You can download software from the site to create your book called Book Smart. When I downloaded the software a few years ago, it was free. I believe the price may now be $3.95, but it may still be free. Blurb provides TEMPLATES to create your book. There are some tutorials on the site that provide instructions for working with the templates. Since I last worked in Blurb, they have incorporated a Microsoft Word add-in feature. I am no longer selling my book at Blurb. I have added a lot of information to my book and the second version at Lulu.com is a much better version. Although Blurb does provide a verly lovely finished product, I would reccommend it for photography or picture books with small blocks of text rather than large segments of text combined with graphics. It's been a long time since I have used them and the program may be more user friendly than it was when I used them. I have included a video for them and a screen shot of the software as it was when I used it.

Here is a screen capture of the layout in Blurb. Use the zoom feature to enlarge your view.

No comments: